In order to be considered for admission to the duCret School of Art, an applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
1. An applicant must be beyond the age of compulsory school attendance.
2. They must possess a high school diploma, G.E.D., or its recognized equivalent. (A state certificate that says that the student has passed a state-authorized exam.)
*It is the applicant’s responsibility to produce proof of high school graduation, G.E.D., or the recognized equivalent prior to the first day of class. If the documentation can not be obtained, the applicant must submit a signed statement attesting that he/she is a high school graduate or has successfully passed the required G.E.D. examination or its recognized equivalent.
3. They must submit an application form with the $25.00 application fee.
4. They must complete a personal interview and present a portfolio.
Portfolio – All full time applicants and part time applicants enrolled half time or better (225 clock hours, 7.5 credit hours per semester) are required to present a portfolio that shows ability and/or potential in one or more of the following areas:drawing, painting, color, design and composition. The portfolio should contain approximately ten to twelve peices, including at least one black and white drawing, one piece showing use of color, and a self-portait or figure illustration. All work may be of any medium. Slides or prints may be submitted in place of 3-D works or works that are too large to hand carry.
Before enrollment applicants must:
1. Receive written acceptance into the school by the Director or his or her designee.
2. Complete an Enrollment Agreement (student contract) and pay the $100.00 registration fee, which is deducted from the first term tuition.
Orientation – An orientation program is scheduled for incoming students. The purpose of this program is to acquaint the students with the necessary requirements, rules and regulations of the school.
The duCret school of Art does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, handicap, or national or ethnic origin in admissions, employment, treatment, or access to its programs or activities.
If you would like a tour of our school, or just to “talk” to someone regarding our programs, please call the school at (908) 757-7171 Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. to schedule an appointment. We would be glad to discuss your career goals with you, or possibly answer any financial aid questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you soon.